Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Newborn Nips

Besides the painful nipples in the beginning and around the clock feedings, breastfeeding has been a very enjoyable and easy part of parenting for me.

Then my first post partum period reared her ugly head last month. On one hand I was happy to feel a bit of my pre-pregnancy self returning, but I am already changing enough diapers during the day! It came and went without much issue, but about a week ago my nipples have started hurting whenever Elliott latches and I think it is related to menstruation. I really hope this goes away soon because I am starting to cringe at the beginning of every nursing session and that is the last thing I want to be experiencing with my 8 month old. My goal is to breastfeed at least a year so I should know to expect some bumps in the road, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment