Monday, July 27, 2009

21 Day Fitness Challenge: Day 5

So....my 5k was a bit of a disappointment. I only ran 1/2 of it and let my mental hurdles get in the way of persevering and running the whole thing. The reasons/excuses I had were:


  • My running watch died. It is kind of my security blanket on a run and I had no clue what my pace was by the time I hit the 1 mile marker.

  • Elliott woke up 5 times to eat, I was near tears with exhaustion by morning.

  • Horribly unorganized race. They didn't separate the runners and walkers at all, so the first mile was spent dodging walkers. Plus, having all those walkers around me did not help motivate me or give me that adreneline rush of a race.

Needless to say the mental challenge was much more harder to overcome than the physical challenge. I did feel the sting of tears when I decided to make it a walk instead of a run, but I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. However, I should not have had an all or nothing mentality about the race, that I know for sure.

We had a BBQ at a friend's house and I dipped a few too many dips, but overall I ate pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment