Wednesday, July 22, 2009

21 Day Fitness Challenge: Day 2

So far, so good! I would hope so since I'm only 2 days into this bad boy challenge of mine. I started the day with a run outside. Did I mention I have my first post-baby 5k this Saturday and I basically started getting serious about my running about a week ago? I was actually signed up to do the Chicago Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon in about 10 days, but obviously that isn't happening. Although I am slightly disappointed in myself for slacking on the running front, I am trying to appreciate what I am doing and not be so hard on myself. I set my timer for 30 minutes and ended up doing about 2 min. of walking at the 1/2 way point, but finished strong after that. Hopefully I can do the 5k without walking, that would be my first goal and I'm not even going to think about my time for this race. I figure it will be my starting point and all other races should just be improvements upon this one.

Pretty good with the eating again, although I had one too many Fiber One bars for one person's digestive system to take in one day! I've been focusing on keeping snacks small and eating more fruits and veggies, I think this will be key to not feeling deprived and like I'm on a diet. For dinner my husband made a Tortilla Soup that he saw on "Just Cook This!". Fantastic and really healthy and filling! I'm not the cook in our family, but I think my husband is slowly making me a convert by watching this show because the recipes are really, really easy and look so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment