Saturday, August 8, 2009

21 Day Fitness Challenge: Day 17

Today was our 5th wedding anniversary!

My sister and her "friend" came down to babysit Elliott so we could go out for a celebratory dinner. Usually we just hang around the house when they are around, but since we had a couple hours to waste before dinner my sister and I took Elliott to the free zoo near our house. A fun and easy way to get 30 min. of activity in for the day and Elliott is starting to notice the animals!

We also took them out to lunch at On the Border and I got Pico Shrimp Tacos, but definitely overindulged in the chips and salsa, doh! Like I said, it's the little tweaks, right? If I wasn't mindful of my eating choices then it probably could have been a lot worse.

Of course we went out to eat for our anniversary and I personally don't feel that it was a time to think about calories or fat content. We enjoyed ourselves to the fullest and it was so nice to get out and be adults and not have to worry about somebody grabbing food from your plate. Scallops, cucumber martinis, lambchops, homemade Mounds Bar, mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment