Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This mommy thanks you, Billy Mays!

As I sit here waiting for my OxiClean spray/paste concoction to do it's magic on Elliott's swing cover (no thanks to Huggies), I just wanted to say that becoming a mom has really brought out my stain fighting skills.

It's definitely not one of my favorite things about being a mom, but I have a weird sense of pride in my new abilities to take out any stain. When Elliott was a newborn many a onesie was thrown in the trash, but now I haven't met a blowout that I couldn't beat. Score one for mommy!

The trick is to quickly get the item rinsed off and under hot water. I then spray it with OxiClean spray until it's saturated and put a bunch of the powdered OxiClean over it and get it a little wet so that it becomes a paste. Let it sit for about 10 min. and then rinse and repeat as necessary. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment