Monday, June 29, 2009

Ballgame breastfeeding

We took Elliott to his first baseball game yesterday. It was fun, but I think we spent a good 30 min. or so trying to figure out a place for me to nurse him. I didn't realize we had bleacher seats since we were going with a group and if you have sat in bleacher seats before you'd realize they aren't conducive to breastfeeding a wiggly 7 month old. So the search was on and we were directed towards some gross bathrooms and finally Guest Services and they told me to go to First Aid. I walked into that room and realized I asked for a "Nursing Station" and they most likely thought I was looking for a nurse, not TO nurse. Oh well, there was a spot behind a curtain next to the microwave for me to feed Elliott and it all worked out in the end. It was air conditioned and I had access to a bathroom without a line, so that was a perk too. I just wonder if this was indeed the official breastfeeding spot for mothers and their infants.

I was trying to find out what kind of facilities other stadiums may have and I only found this story about breastfeeding at Gillette Stadium. Reading it made me want to go back to Miller Park and breastfeed Elliott in our seats instead of wasting two or three innings trying to find a clean spot to feed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment