Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Me Time


The biggest challenge for me right now is having time for myself. I knew this might happen, but I always thought that this was something that weaker women ended up doing. Women that didn't put themselves first and let their children rule the roost. I find myself slowly becoming that very woman and that needs to change. While I think women like Ayelet Waldman might be taking it a bit too far, I also have the utmost respect and adoration of their commitment to themselves. So maybe my first challenge to reclaim "me" is to go out and get her book and actually read it. Reading used to be something that I loved and was one of the first things to go once Elliott was born. First it was because it took too much mental energy, but now I really don't know why I choose to watch "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" instead of using those precious hours to read. Maybe it's because I can't wait to see when Janice Dickinson finally has a bowel movement?

No comments:

Post a Comment