Monday, January 4, 2010

How to find direction for your blog?

I started this blog when I felt like I was in the midst of a Mommy Life Crisis, but I'm happy to report that life has sorted itself out a bit and I feel less frantic about finding my way as a SAHM. Of course I still have a desire to improve myself beyond my role as a mom, that hasn't changed. What I've been struggling with is what this whole blog is about. I thought I would just write and it would miraculously come to me in an "Aha" moment, but that hasn't happened yet.

Without some direction I feel like the blog doesn't serve a purpose and it just another obligation. I have the itch to just write (like with a pen and paper) and ditch the whole blog thing, but I have a feeling I should press on.

How did/do you find direction for your blog that keeps you inspired?

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. I really think having a theme, or focus, for a blog helps not only the blogger write posts, but it helps the reader too. They come to expect more along a certain theme, and will return for more if it's an idea they like. Best wishes on blog writing!

    ReplyDelete