Sunday, October 25, 2009

Healthy Halloween Party Food

This week will have plenty of yummy temptations, but I'm determined to make Halloween a little healthier this year. I officially rejoined Weight Watchers meetings almost four weeks ago and have lost 8 1/2 pounds so I don't want to mess it all up now that I have some momentum going. On Tuesday we have a weekly playgroup and it's going to be a Halloween party for the kiddos. I told the mom I would bring something healthy, so now the hunt is on. I also need it to be simple since I'm a novice cook at best!

Last night George made Oven-Baked Cinnamon Pumpkin Dumplings and they were SO good! Definitely on the list of options, but they need to be baked (duh) and I'm not sure if I want to go that route and either bring them cold or use the host's oven.

I did just find the cutest Spooky Black Bean Hummus and I think this might be something I can handle. The blogger also figured out the WW points (only 1, yay!) and besides the artwork involved in making the web, I think I can swing this. I might take the easy way out and just buy pre-made black bean dip. I'll post a picture of my attempt later!

No comments:

Post a Comment